Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

We had a great Mother's Day! The weather was perfect! The day was perfect! We had a BBQ at our house.  My mom, brother, his girlfriend and their little boy, Jaxson came over.  Along with Ben's mom and his sister and her boyfriend! We grilled out burgers and dogs and had some great sides! The kids got to play outside! They had a great time!

When I was getting things ready my mom and Brooklyn were playing outside.  I came outside to check on them and couldn't find them.  I finally found them...

...in Nana's car playing!! Brooklyn loved it!!

I tried several times to get a picture with Brooklyn but she was not wanting to sit still or cooperate!

We tried to get a picture with Brooklyn, my mom and me...again, didn't work out so much!

Instead of making Brooklyn take a nap at her normal time, we decided we would walk to the park! Brooklyn and Jaxson had a blast!

Mother's Day last year was the first time we took Brooklyn to the neighborhood park! Here is a comparison from the two years! This girl LOVES to swing!

After the park, we came back to the house and Brooklyn went down for a nap-2 hours late! Jaxson stayed and he fell asleep too in Nana's lap! When the kids woke up we played out on the deck in the water table and Nana made ice cream cones! Yum! Brooklyn had never had one before but she LOVED it and would not let it go!

My favorite picture from the day...Brooklyn and Nana eating ice cream! Yum!

Jaxson enjoyed his ice cream too!
 
We tried one more time to get a picture of Brooklyn, my mom and me but again, no cooperation from Brooklyn! Ha!
After everyone left, Brooklyn wanted to try celery with Ranch dressing! She loved it!!

What a great day had by all!! I love being a mommy to this precious girl! I can't wait to celebrate next Mother's Day with two baby girls!! My heart is so full!!

And, just to look back to last years Mother's Day...


No comments:

Post a Comment