Friday, May 3, 2013

3rd Anniversary

On May 1, 2013 Ben and I celebrated our third anniversary! I can't believe it has been 3 years already!!

The traditional gift for year 3 is leather.  I had no idea what to get Ben.  A wallet is practical and leather, but he just got a new wallet not too long ago.  Leather loafer shoes are not a bad idea, but I will NEVER buy Ben a pair of shoes again, long story! After searching, planning and organizing I finally came up with the perfect gift! Marriage has not been easy lately, being pregnant and having a 17 month old have made times tough! We need some alone time, away from Brooklyn (not in a bad way), away from work and away from the house.  I planned a "Stay-cation" for both of us! I had to line up babysitters for Brooklyn (my mom said she will watch Brooklyn Fri-Sun, hopefully she doesn't regret committing to that when the weekend is over-ha!), things for us to do, hotel and several other things. The "stay-cation" will be June 7-9.  I have an OB appointment that Friday, so Ben will take the day off work, go to my appointment, out to lunch, check into the hotel and then to a nice dinner.  Saturday we can do whatever we want (I will be sleeping in!) and then Saturday night we will go to the Royals game. I am very excited for this! It will be fun and will help us get back to right where we need to be!

So, what does a "stay-cation" have to do with the traditional leather gift? Well, I got Ben a leather dopp kit and filled it with travel necessities.  On each of the items I tied a little saying/note to it! Ben loved it and told me he was totally surprised and that I outdid myself! Yay!! This is the dopp kit I got from Pottery Barn! It is very nice! I wish it was a little bigger but Ben says it is perfect! I can't wait for our "stay-cation".



I had no idea what Ben was going to get me! The only thing I could think of that is leather is a purse! Every girl can always use another purse! Ben went beyond a purse and got me a huge tote from Coach! I love it! He suggested I use it this summer, it is called the Beach Canvas Tote, but I am going to use it for a diaper bag when I have 2 kids to pack for! I have been on the hunt for a big diaper bag but can't find one! Ben found one for me! It is perfect and will hold so much! I LOVE it!! Thanks, Benja-even though you went WAY over budget!



May is a tough month for Ben in the gift category-he has our anniversary on the 1st, Mother's Day and then my birthday the 19th! Can't wait to see what other goodies he finds this month!


We waited until after Brooklyn went to bed to eat dinner and exchange gifts.  I made breakfast for dinner (egg, bacon and pancakes) and for dessert I got a huge cinnamon roll from Corner Cafe! Yum!

Before Brooklyn went to bed we hung out as a family, sitting on the couch eating Fruit Loops (Brooklyn is obsessed) and watching Wheel of Fortune!


Last year on our anniversary we took a picture of the 3 of us standing by our couch-Brooklyn was so little! I wanted to do the same again this year!
May 1, 2013

May 1, 2012
Just a quick trip down memory lane to our wedding day in 2010...

Happy 3 years, and cheers to MANY more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment