Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Fun Day

Brooklyn and I had a fun and busy day!! We got ready this morning and headed out the door around 9:45 to go to Oak Park Mall. I needed to take Brooklyn to Stride Rite to get her foot measured and buy new shoes! Things were going well until we came to a stand still on 635. I was worried Brooklyn was going to get fussy, but I brought a Barney DVD for her to watch in the car. Usually we have Baby Genius on and lately I could tell she was getting bored with it. Since I knew we would be in the car a lot today I decided to bring along Barney and it was the best decision ever! It saved me. I never heard a peep from her on the way there. Due to traffic and road construction it took us about an hour to get to the mall.

Once we got to the mall we headed straight to the play place and carousel. She had so much fun!! I loved seeing her smile and run around squealing! She was a little nervous at first on the carousel but after a few seconds she started loving it and kept saying "neigh neigh". Too cute!!




 After we played we headed to Stride Rite for shoes. I bought her a pair and was a little disappointed I didn't find another. I'm now searching online for another good summer shoe for her.

After shoe shopping we headed to Panera for lunch. Thanks to a friend I now take a vegetable peeler with me so I can quickly and easily peel an apple for Brooklyn. She loves eating apples whole!! And, it keeps her quiet and content so I can eat!! Win-win!


I was very worried Brooklyn was going to fall asleep on the way home. We ran into more road construction and it took almost an hour again to get home. Crazy! Thanks to Barney she was very interested in the DVD and didn't fall asleep. We came home and she took a 3 hour nap!!

After her nap we spent all afternoon and evening outside. We played in the driveway with chalk and bubbles. Went in the backyard and played on the slide and swing. After daddy got home we took a family walk and went to the park. We stayed at the park a lot longer than planned but we had fun! Brooklyn wanted dada to swing next to her the entire time! We finally got home and had dinner at 6:45, which is late for Brooklyn! She got to stay up until 8pm, which is also late for her!






 
What a fun day we had! This weather sure does make for a happy toddler and happy mommy!! Hopefully spring is here to stay!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment