Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Day with my Mom!!

My mom and I used to get together very often before Brooklyn was born! We would usually go out to lunch, shop and get pedicures.  Once Brooklyn was born those mom/daughter dates quickly vanished.  The dates became nana/Brooklyn time while I would go run errands on my own or go get a pedicure! I miss those mom/daughter dates with my mom, but I do love getting out on my own, knowing Brooklyn is very well taken care of by her nana!

For Christmas mom got me Kenny Chesney tickets! I knew I wanted her to go with me, the perfect excuse for a mom/daughter date! The concert wasn't until June, but it was very much anticipated from Christmas to June.

The day finally came!! We decided we didn't just want to go to the concert and be done with our mom/daughter date, so we made plans for the afternoon before the concert!

Mom picked me up around 3pm and we headed to Zona where we planned to shop.  Right when we got to Zona it started pouring! Mom and I sat in the car and just talked while we waited for the rain to pass! It was fun to just talk with mom without having Brooklyn distract us!

We decided the rain wasn't going to let up very soon, so we had an early dinner! We ran in the rain to 54th Street and enjoyed a nice early dinner!

The rain finally cleared up after we ate so we did some shopping! We headed to La-De-Da, LOFT, Baby Gap and Old Navy! Mom hit the jackpot with her shopping! IF I wasn't pregnant I would have broke the bank with all of the cute things I found! When we were at LOFT it was getting close to 7. Our plan was to be in our seats by 7:30 (we only cared to see Kenny!).  We had heard the rain had caused a delay in the start time of the concert, so it started 30 minutes late.  We decided to be in our seats by 8pm!

With the rain came cooler temperatures.  I was in shorts and a tank top.  I knew that I would freeze.  I tried to find a jacket/sweater at LOFT but couldn't really find anything.  We decided to run over to Old Navy and look there! I found a sweater, but didn't love it! We were in a rush but I ran back to the maternity section at Old Navy and found the perfect gray zip up jacket! I was super excited for that find!!

Off to the concert!! We pulled into Arrowhead and I am pretty sure we were the last people to arrive.  We parked in the very last row of the parking lot and headed for the stadium!

We found our seats and even got to listen to Eric Church play a few songs! Perfect timing!!

There was an annoying, large, drunk lady in front of us who would not leave us alone because we were sitting down.  I was about to go nuts.  Thankfully, she moved down her row a little and was not right in front of me during Kenny!

It was a great day with mom and a great show by Kenny! Can't wait for another mom/daughter date!

Sadly, we only took 1 picture!!


No comments:

Post a Comment