Saturday, July 6, 2013

Deanna Rose

Deanna Rose Farmstead is a place I had heard about, but have never made the drive out to visit!

MOMS Club had a meet-up out there on Monday! It was going to be perfect weather that morning so Brooklyn and I loaded up the car and made the 45 minute drive to go have some fun!

We got there earlier than other moms in the group were going to arrive, so we just went ahead and started our way around!

First stop: a little playground with swings! Of course that is all Brooklyn would yell until she was actually on a swing! I am sure she would have been content with swinging for 2 hours, but mean mom made her get off so we could go see some animals!

After the swings we headed to the barn! Brooklyn loved the cow!

Thinking about the cow and taking it all in!
Next stop: GOATS!! I think little baby goats are so cute! I bought a baby bottle to feed the goat with! I gave the bottle to Brooklyn and she tried to give it to the goat, but the little thing was very aggressive and Brooklyn freaked out! I took over while Brooklyn hid behind me!

There were these wooden swings everywhere, so finally I let Brooklyn sit on one a swing back and forth for a bit! She liked it! Have I mentioned this girl loves to swing?
After another stop at another park, some sliding and swinging we ventured around Deanna Rose some more! Brooklyn explored!
She found a statue of a little girl and she loved her!

We saw more goats, baby pigs, horses, fish, ducks and geese! Brooklyn loved it all!

I tried to be a cool and nice mom and let Brooklyn eat ice cream for lunch! We waited in a long line to get ice cream and Brooklyn was perfectly fine while waiting! Once we got the ice cream we headed to a bench to sit down.  Brooklyn tried to climb up on the bench, but couldn't make it so I helped her! After sitting on the bench for 3 seconds she started screaming and throwing a fit and would NOT eat her ice cream.  I was a little embarrassed and did not know what to do or why she was crying.  I threw my cone away (kept hers thinking she might want it in a bit), got her in the stroller and headed for the car, all while she was screaming and everyone was staring! Not the best ending to our good morning, but oh well-these terrible two's are staying around for awhile, so I better just get used to it...

It was a perfect morning for our first visit to Deanna Rose (despite the fit at the end)! It was little crowded, but that is to be expected with gorgeous weather and the place is free on weekdays! We will be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment