Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 3rd

Every year we go with my dad to his friends, John and Elaine, house! They have land that backs up to the Kearney Fair Grounds, which means we have the perfect seat for Kearney's annual July 3rd fireworks show!

It started raining late afternoon and I was worried it was going to rain the party out! Thankfully it didn't! The temperature did drop 15-20 degrees and it was chilly! I was planning for Brooklyn to wear a red, white and blue top with a skirt but it was too cold for that! Instead she wore her monogrammed Mary Kate shirt with capris! 

John usually roasts a whole hog, but this year they decided to do ribs and pulled pork! Everyone else brings a side! The food was delicious!

Elaine had some great toys for the kids to play with! Brooklyn had a blast!

I was a little nervous for the fireworks display and Brooklyn getting scared.  My mom bought Brooklyn an Elmo 4th of July book and I honestly think that reading that for the few days leading up to the holiday really helped! I would tell her over and over that the fireworks go "boom" but they are pretty! She started saying "ooh" and "ahh" when she saw fireworks!

Brooklyn loved the fireworks! I think she loved the glow sticks Elaine gave out more though! She had a blast with them!

It was a late night! We got to the car a little after 10pm and Brooklyn watched Barney while we sat in the traffic from the fair grounds! She hasn't fallen asleep in the car in forever! We made it all the way through Liberty and she was still awake! 3 minutes from home she fell asleep! She was out! Usually when she falls asleep in the car, she will wake up when I turn the car off-not this time! I was able to get her out of carseat, upstairs, on her floor and taking her clothes off and putting jammies on before she woke up! All while she had glow sticks around her neck!



 Ben was out too!! I love being the sober DD-so much fun...!!




 This next picture cracks me up! When I laid her down on her floor in room, her glow sticks moved to the top of her head-it looks like she has glowing headphones on!

It was a great July 3rd and we can't wait until next year!! Thanks John and Elaine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment