Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Outside Toys

Last year we really didn't need any toys for outside. I bought an inflatable baby pool that we used several times and a swing that we hung from the deck. Those were the two things we did outside with Brooklyn last summer. She was 6-9 months last summer so not much was needed.

This summer is different. Brooklyn is on the go and wants to be outside any chance she can get. I knew I needed to invest in some toys for outside, but have you seen the prices on some of those toys? Crazy! I knew I wanted to get a water table, slide, ride on toy and possibly a play house. After looking at the prices for all new items I knew that was not going to be possible. The word budget always gets me!

I have never really been into consignment sales or garage sales but knew those types of places were my best bet to find gently used outside toys. A couple of weeks ago I went to Rhea Lana consignment sale and picked up a horse you put your baby on and push. I thought it would make the perfect outside toy. Last weekend was our neighborhood garage sale. I got on our neighborhood Facebook page and asked if anyone was selling outside toys. After several people said yes and told me what they had I knew I had to get out and hit up garage sales. It was a first for me (and Brooklyn)! I found a water table for $10. A climber and slide combo for $30. A ride on toy for $2. A shopping cart for $5. I thought I did a good job! Brooklyn loves everything!! Add all of my garage sale finds to some bubbles, chalk and the swing and I think we are set for outdoor summertime fun! Now, if we could just get the weather to be consistently warm...







No comments:

Post a Comment