Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter 2013

Easter 2013

We started off the Easter festivities on Good Friday! I took Brooklyn to see the Easter Bunny! We ventured to Independence Center.  We got there right at 10am when the Easter Bunny opened.  There were just a few people in front of us! Brooklyn saw the Easter Bunny come down the escalator and was super excited! We had been talking about it for days.  I would ask her if she wanted to go see the Easter Bunny and she would nod her head yes! I asked her if she would sit on his lap, and she would nod yes again! Every time she heard talk of the Easter Bunny she would say "hop hop hop"! So cute!

The packaging prices for pictures are ridiculous! Such a scam! But, in my eyes worth it! Ben doesn't agree! You had to buy a package in order to take pictures with your cell phone or camera.  The picture below is from my phone! Not the best, but I am too lazy to scan in the two 5x7's I bought for a cheap $22.  Brooklyn was good walking up to the funny but she started to whine when I sat her on his lap and began to walk away! She never screamed just whined.  The pictures that I paid for, Ben says she looks like she is getting ready to take a poop! Ha! Such a nice dad he is!


After we saw the bunny I let Brooklyn play in the kids area at the mall.  She was in heaven! Loved every minute of it! She really loved watching the carousel go round and round and would shout "Neigh! Neigh!" at the horses! I didn't have any cash so we couldn't ride it! Next time! 


Running wild at the play area!

On Saturday our neighbors Kevin and Lisa invited us over for an Easter egg hunt! Lisa said she would fill special eggs just for Brooklyn with cheerios and gold fish! It was perfect! Brooklyn caught on really fast! We had been doing little egg hunts in the house the weeks prior, so she knew what she was doing!


Kevin and Lisa have two grandchildren, so they have this little teeter-totter in their back yard! Little Zoey who is 5 loves Brooklyn! They rode on the teeter-totter together and both loved it!!



The Easter Bunny made a stop at our house! I forgot to buy carrots at the store so we gave the Easter Bunny cookies, he didn't mind-he ate them all!
Brooklyn got a little spoiled this year! I have been collecting all of this stuff for several weeks now, and I lost track on how much I had already purchased! Oops!

The Easter Bunny brought Brooklyn new pajamas, new shoes, sidewalk chalk, swimsuit, Gymbo puppet, baby doll, Elmo bath bubbles, sunglasses, coloring book, 4 Elmo books, bubbles, a photo book just for her to look at whenever she wants, a microphone that echos, a new Elmo's World DVD, a new baby stroller and an Elmo doll.

The Elmo doll was the favorite! She was speechless when she saw him.  She didn't know what to do or say, she just smiled!



 My mom (Nana) came over and went to St. Joe with us! She brought Brooklyn some Easter gifts too! Her favorite being a carrier for her baby, that also has a stand to make it a highchair!



We headed up to St. Joe to Ben's moms house for the day! It was a great time and yummy food! Lisa had an egg hunt for Brooklyn and she loved it! Lisa had Brooklyn's Easter treats out on a cute bench on the back patio!


We attempted family pictures! It was a little windy and Brooklyn had better things to do than pose with her parents!


Brooklyn is still trying to transition to 1 nap a day.  If we don't have anywhere to go during the day she will take a morning an afternoon nap! If we do go somewhere in the morning she won't take a morning nap! She didn't fall asleep on the way to St. Joe so I knew she would be exhausted on the way home.  My mom went with us to St. Joe and we left around 2:30pm to head home.  I asked mom if she could entertain Brooklyn and try to keep her awake-because we all know that if a kid falls asleep in the car, they most likely will NOT go back to sleep in their crib when they get home! A 10 minute car ride nap is equivalent to a 2 hour crib nap to Brooklyn.  Does not make sense to me! Anyway, we were passing through Platte City and my mom says "Katy, I don't think I am going to be able to keep her awake!" I look back and Brooklyn is sound asleep! I say her name loud and she opens her eyes, barely! I have mom get some Cheetos and give them to Brooklyn! Mom put one in her mouth and Brooklyn started to eat it, but sleep won! That girl was tired!! Luckily, we are only about 15 minutes from Platte City, so right when we got home I took Brooklyn to her room, didn't say a word to her and put her in her bed.  She slept for 2.5 hours! Yay!!

It was a great Easter, but let us not forget the true meaning of this special holiday!

John 6:40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.


No comments:

Post a Comment