Sunday, July 3, 2011

Week 19

19 weeks pregnant...already?!?! Wow! How time is flying! I could not be any more excited! This is my last week in the 'teens'! Very exciting! Ben and I went to Buy Buy Baby, a new baby store out in Overland Park, the parent company is Bed Bath and Beyond, and we purchased a glider/rocker for the nursery.  Ben put it together in about 10 minutes and now it is up in the nursery.  I can't believe how much gliders are.  I went and looked at Buy Buy Baby on Wednesday and there were gliders that were $1,000.  I asked the sales lady if people really spend that much on gliders and she said yes. I came home and told Ben, and we both decided we do not need an expensive glider, so we got ours for about 1/2 that price-still expensive to me!!
Picture of glider in nursery:

Pregnancy Updates-19 weeks
How Far Along: 19 weeks 4 days
Total Weight Gain: I am going to guess around 10-12 pounds.  I read in one of my pregnancy books that 10-14 pounds is average for 19 weeks-so I was happy to read that!!
Maternity Clothes: YES!
Favorite Moment This Week: Getting the first piece of furniture in the nursery-we are taking baby steps on getting it complete, which is fine with me.  The rest will be delivered July 22nd. Also, yesterday we were at the lake and I was sitting down just relaxing and I had my hand on my belly and I felt the baby move from the outside for the first time!! It was so exciting.  Ben was playing bocce ball so I ran over and told him and he was excited too-I told him he probably wouldn't be able to feel it until I was laying/sitting down again and relaxed.
Gender: Thursday-HOPEFULLY we will find out.  Thursday can NOT come soon enough.  It feels like de ja vu because I just said all of this 2 weeks ago about finding out at my 18 week ultrasound.  I am praying and hoping baby Brunker will cooperate and will not be stubborn. 
Movement: Yes, A LOT more movement and I can feel it from the outside of my belly now too, which is amazing! LOVE!
Food Cravings: Still the same! Fruit, OJ, string cheese! I have had a lot of hot dogs this past week for some reason.  We grilled out at home one night this week and then being up at the lake I ate 2 hotdogs.  I don't crave them, they just sound good when we are grilling out.
What I Miss: Nothing really-I am getting used to being pregnant and not being able to do some things, so I am happy with everything!!
Sleep: Ugh! Touchy subject.  I fall to sleep great at night, but this past week I have been waking up at 4am and can NOT go back to sleep.  Wednesday morning I woke Ben up on accident and we laid in bed and talked and then he went downstairs and got me a Nutri-Grain bar, I was hungry, and we talked some more and then turned on the tv at 5:30 and watched the news.  I finally went back to sleep around 6:15 and slept for a couple more hours, but then the next 2 mornings I was up from 4-6am.  It is driving me nuts! 
What I am looking forward to: Hmmmm....NOT a hard question at all....THURSDAY!!! Ben and I have decided that if we DO NOT find out the sex of the baby at my appointment on Thursday then we are going to try and get in for a 3D ultrasound ASAP,  it is killing us both not knowing what we are having!
Symptoms: feeling great, doing great, except for waking up from 4-6am every morning this week! Other than that I am loving the second trimester and the energy I have and the things I have been getting done!




No comments:

Post a Comment