Sunday, July 10, 2011

Gender Reveal to our families

Thursday July 7th was an exciting, stressful, crazy, wonderful day.  I woke up to a nice thunder storm, which made it hard to get out of bed, but finally I got up, picked up the house a little bit, started some laundry.  My ultrasound appointment was at 1pm.  Ben and I were very certain that 'nugget' would cooperate and we would find out if 'nugget' is a he or a she.  We knew how we were going to reveal to our parents what 'nugget' was, so that morning I went to the store and bought some things to get the reveal process started.  I came home and I starting baking cupcakes (it was Ben's idea that I make the cupcakes before the appointment, which I am so glad he suggested I do that).  My last batch of cupcakes came out of the oven at 12:25pm and we left the house at 12:40pm to go to my appointment.  'Nugget' was not cooperating at first and I was beginning to get frustrated and mad that we might not find out what baby was.  We had already told Ben's mom that we would be in St. Joe around 6 to take her out for her birthday dinner and maybe have a little surprise for her.  While I was in the bathroom emptying my bladder I could hear Ben telling the ultrasound lady (don't know the proper title-sorry) that I was prepared to tell our parents that night what 'nugget' was and that I already had cupcakes baked waiting to be filled with either pink or blue.  I am so glad Ben was telling her this, because when I came back in the room she worked extra hard to get baby to move and look between the legs and we finally found out we were having a girl!! So excited!! Then, we had to go sit in the waiting room for about 30 minutes to wait and see my doctor, once we got back into the room we waited another 30 minutes before the doctor came in and saw us.  So, needless to say, I am SO glad I baked the cupcakes before hand because we got home and had less than an hour before we left our house to get the gender reveal show on the road.  Long story short ( I hope) we went to my dad's house and dropped off 3 cupcakes and a poem, headed to St. Joe to take Ben's mom out to dinner and give her a cupcake and poem, after dinner we drove to Parkville to see Ben's dad and step mom and give them cupcakes and a poem, then back to our house to wait for my mom to come over.  My mom and step mom were at the Royals game with their work (yes, my mom and step mom work together-crazy and weird-but, that's how my family rolls-ha!).  So, finally around 10:20pm my mom comes by and we give her a cupcake and poem.  I called my dad around 10 to ask if he had been tempted all night by the cupcakes (he was waiting until my step mom got home so they could eat them together).  I was sad Ben and I weren't able to be with my dad and step mom as they ate their cupcakes but there just wasn't enough time in the day to get to everyone and I wanted all of our parents to find out around the same time-so, thanks dad for understanding!
What the poem said that we gave each parent along with a cupcake:

In this cupcake holds the key,
To let you know what I will be.

Ten little fingers and ten little toes,
Boy or Girl...nobody knows.

If the middle is pink, a princess I will be,
If it is blue, a boy, cute as can be.

So come on Grandma and Grandpa take a bite,
And come November it will be love at first sight!

We had them read the poem first then bite into the cupcake! It was pretty cute!! Pictures below! ENJOY!!

Grandma Lisa opening the box with cupcake in it-she didn't know it was a cupcake until she opened the box, after she saw it was a cupcake we handed her the poem to read
Grandma Lisa reading the poem


Getting ready to take a bite...

Cupcake and poem waiting for my mom (Nana) at our house-this is what she saw when she walked in the door

Nana opening the cupcake...

We told her she had to take a big bite to get to the middle...

Grandma Lisa sent me this picture-she only ate half of her cupcake after dinner so she could show people the pink inside!   

 I don't have any pictures of our dad's and step mom's reading their poems and eating their cupcakes, which I feel bad about, but again, it is hard to be 4 places in one night-I am just glad all 4 sets of grandparents found out in the same night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment