Tuesday, June 28, 2011

week 18 (very late)

Today I am 18 weeks and 6 days, so this post is very late, but it's better late than never, right? Last week was a little disappointing since we didn't get to find out the sex of Baby Brunker, but I am over it, there is nothing I can do to change the situation.  Instead, the only thing on my mind is July 7th.  It can't come soon enough.  Funny this is (well not actually funny) my appointment isn't until the afternoon.  All of my other appointments have been in the mornings so it will make the wait even harder, but o well.  I am exhausted and need/want to get to bed so I am going to quickly do my week 18 pregnancy updates and say good night:
Pregnancy Updates: Week 18
How Far Along: 18 weeks 6 days 
Total Weight Gain: I would guess around 8-9 pounds (oops!)
Maternity Clothes: yes, for the most part
Favorite Moment This week: Buying nursery furniture!! Will be delivered July 22nd
Gender: still unknown-touchy subject!
Movement: YES! A LOT more flutters these past few days-amazing!
Food Cravings: Ice cream, all fruit, OJ (speaking of which I am going to have a glass before bed tonight-yummy!!) and cereal
What I miss: exercising without losing my breath quickly.  I went for a walk today and I thought I was going to die about 5 minutes into the walk, I also get shortness of breath just from going up the stairs
Sleep: great-for the most part! Sunday was a rough night.  It was a stormy night, we had about 3 different waves of storms come our way and then about 5:30am Ben's cell phone rang and it was ADT security, I thought it had something to do with our house but our alarm was set and not going off so it couldn't have been.  Ben didn't answer the phone because he said it was for Goetze and they would just call the next person on the list (he is first).  Well about 1 minute later my cell phone rang and it was an 800 # so I answered it and it was ADT wanting to speak with Ben.  I gave the phone to Ben and they told him that glass sensors and 3-4 burgular alarms were going off at Goetze and they had already called the police and Ben needed to get to Goetze ASAP to meet the police.  I was freaking out and wanted to go with him, so we both jumped out of bed at 5:34am and headed to Goetze (it's only about a 12 minute drive).  All the way there we are a little scared and wondering if maybe the building got struck by lightning or there really was some idiot that broke in trying to get out of the storm.  Well, we get there and there are no police and the power is out.  After making a few calls we decided to head back home, Ben got ready for work, and I went back to bed, thank goodness my Monday family is on vacation this week so I did NOT have to work, or else I would have been miserable.  Long story short-the keypads at Goetze are not battery back-up and there is one employee who arrives at Goetze around 5:30am and when he arrived and turned off the alarm using the keypad it did not work so the alarms went off.  What a crazy ordeal.  Ben and I did not know my cell number was #2 on the list to call.  Anyway, that was a tangent-so sorry!
What I am looking forward to: I think you already know-JULY 7th.  JULY 7th.  JULY 7th.  J.U.L.Y. 7th!!!
Symptoms: backaches, maybe because I have been working too hard around the house and in the yard, headaches in the afternoon and that is pretty much it!! Yay!!

Ok-I am exhausted and going to bed now.  To be honest, I was going to have Ben take a picture of me tonight but 1) I am too tired and 2) that would be 'cheating' or inaccurate since tomorrow I will be 19 weeks, so I am going to skip week 18 picture and take one tomorrow night for week 19.  Sorry! 
GOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment