Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Why my blog has been neglected...

I have been a very busy person these past couple of weeks which is why my blog has been neglected...Where I have been/what I have been doing...

  • ...shopping, shopping, shopping for little miss Brooklyn.  Lets just say the bank account has seen better days.  This little girl is already spoiled.  I have been a good shopper though, and only buying things that are on sale.  I have been buying summer clothes that are on sale for next summer, and our trip to Florida in April.  I think Brooklyn has her entire summer 2012 wardrobe!! It is a little sad looking at all of the clothes and thinking about all of the money I have spent and then realizing she won't be wearing any of it until next spring/summer.  O well! 
  • ...working.  I have had a crazy work schedule it seems like these past couple of weeks, but I am loving spending time with my kiddos-just thinking about my last day with them brings tears to my eyes, that is going to be a hard day.  At least my 'last days' will be staggered depending on the family.  My Monday family kids are starting kindergarten on Aug 24th, so my last Monday will be Aug 22nd.  I can't believe I have been watching them since they were 2 and they will be 6 on Aug 1.  Crazy how the time flies! My Tues/Wed family last day will be sometime in September, this is going to be the hardest last day ever.  Max and Addi were my ring bearer and flower girl, so they already hold a special place in my heart.  Ok-enough talking about my 'last days'...
  • ...Lake of the Ozarks.  We went to the lake for a long weekend: Thursday-Sunday.  It was so nice to get away and not worry about anything at home or anything baby related for a few days.  We had a great time.  Dr. Dunville (a Goetze client and my dad's good friend) invited my dad and step-mom and Ben and I down for the weekend.  Ben and I went down to the Ozarks Thursday night and the Dunvilles took us out to a nice dinner on the lake at The Duck.  Friday we were out on the water all day, then dad and Cheryl arrived and we went to dinner.  Saturday we were out on the water again and enjoyed a cookout at Dunvilles. Sunday we went to breakfast on the water then went on a long relaxing boat ride.  On our way home we stopped at the outlets and I got more clothes for Brooklyn.  I told Ben it is pretty bad when I spend all this money and don't get anything for myself.  Ben did get a couple of new shirts and a new hat.  I got nothing!
When it is all written out it doesn't look like I have been doing a lot or going a lot of places, but for some reason I just have not had much time at the end of the day(s).  I am 22 weeks pregnant tomorrow and still need to do a 21 week post.  Hopefully I can get caught up on that tomorrow.  Tonight is ladies night with the girls-so excited to see my girlfriends!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment