Sunday, August 4, 2013

Weekend Recap

What a FUN weekend!! Saturday morning was laid back and we stayed in and played at home! My mom came over around 11am to play with Brooklyn.  Ben ran some errands and I showered and got ready! My mom and I were spending the afternoon together before heading to my cousins bachelorette party!

Mom and I started the day with pedicures! It had been way too long!! So relaxing!
We then did some shopping and got Frozen Yogurt! Yum!

We headed to the plaza to join the bachelorette party! There was a lingerie party in the hotel room and then dinner at Seasons 52! Yum!
 I look HUGE! When Ben saw this picture he asked "You have 10 weeks left?!"...(jerk!)
While I was away Ben and Brooklyn played! They went to Don and Janet's to swim and eat dinner!
enjoying a snack pool side!
Ben said Brooklyn was so good and loved being the center of attention! He said she was worn out!
cuddles with daddy while mommy was away!

Ben said she was out the minute she laid down!
After dinner the bachelorette party headed to Westport! I was a good sport and went to the Piano Bar for a little bit! It was actually a lot of fun! My mom got called up on stage! Too funny!
mom dancing!

{dark/blurry} Me and Sally (the bachelorette)


Abby, Amy and me!
I was exhausted this morning and was doing everything to stay awake, but I kept dozing on the couch! It looked like it could rain any minute, but Ben suggested we go outside and maybe that would help me to wake up! It worked! It was a beautiful morning out! We played out front with chalk and bubbles for awhile then Brooklyn ventured to the backyard to swing and slide! Brooklyn was being crazy on the slide and ended up biting her tongue...I caught it on camera right as it happened...she was shocked at first then started screaming...there was a little blood!
Brooklyn loves being naked, so I let her take her jammies off outside! She loved it!

After coming inside and playing for a little bit it started to rain so I let Brooklyn go out on the front porch and play in the rain! She loved it!
I thought for sure she would take a long nap, but she didn't...little stinker! We had to get creative this afternoon with things to do! We played in boxes, colored and so much more! Daddy taught Brooklyn how to say "Tiger Woods" and showed her how to golf! She would say "ball in hole!"
Nana came by to bring me my sunglasses I left in her car yesterday! She also had surprises for Brooklyn...some new toys! yay! Nana stayed and had dinner with us and played for a little bit!

Every night before bed Brooklyn always wants to go upstairs and play in Molly's room.  She loves taking toys in there and playing with the baby bows! She wanted Ben to put all of the headbands on her head...it was very comical! There were so many it was pushing her skin over her eyes! Ha!


 We ended the night by downloading the Elmo Talks app and let Brooklyn call/FaceTime with Elmo, she LOVED it!! She was laughing so hard...cutest thing ever and best $0.99 spent!
Love my little family! Hope you had a good weekend too!


And just a trip down memory lane...this was a year ago yesterday (Aug 3, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment