Saturday, August 31, 2013

Crown Center

I wanted to do a few fun things with Brooklyn before PDO started this week.  It is too hot to do anything outside, which is hard for her to understand, and we both wanted/needed out of the house!

We headed to Crown Center for the day! We hadn't been to the Curious George exhibit yet, so I knew it would be the perfect time, with school for the older kids already in session! Brooklyn has never seen Curious George so I kept telling her we were going to go see a monkey.  She thought we were going to the zoo and started talking about all the other animals.  I had to quickly clear that up so she wouldn't be disappointed!

She LOVED the exhibit.  It wasn't very big, which I was surprised by and a lot of the activities were not for her age.  The activities seemed to be geared toward older kids, like 4yr-7yr+.  That did not stop Brooklyn from having fun!
saying hi to the Lego figures at Crown Center!


golfing at Curious George exhibit

Hugs for Monkey!


loved putting shapes on this and spinning it!

really enjoyed putting different types of food in the cubbies!


After we were in the exhibit for about 45 minutes I suggested we go get lunch! Brooklyn threw a little fit.  I told her we were going to have lunch at a train place! She instantly became happy! We went to Fritz's! Brooklyn was amazed at the trains! She loved every minute of it. We were in the restaurant for close to an hour! Brooklyn ate 4 chicken nuggets and enjoyed a vanilla shake! It was a very laid back lunch and I loved spending the time with my baby girl!
ordering our food!

yummy shake!

cheese!

our food being delivered!

my little conductor!




Not in the mood for pictures!
When we got done at Fritz's, I told her it was time to go home! I had milk in the car for her, thinking and hoping that would be enough to get her to leave! I was wrong! She kept saying "play, monkey".  So, we went back to the Curious George exhibit.  She just played with one thing...the animal houses! She loved putting the pig, chicken and bunny in the little houses! I let her play for about 15 more minutes then we headed home! 
It was a great day!! I am trying to soak up every last minute of Brooklyn being an only child! There are several more things I want to do with her before Molly arrives, so hopefully the weather cools down and we can get back outside and do some outdoor activities! I love my baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment