Friday, June 28, 2013

Staycation!

Before I forget all the details I wanted to quickly blog about the staycation Ben and I took.

It was a great weekend! Full of food and sleeping! Two of my favorite things!

I had a doctors appointment Friday morning, so my mom came over then and we said good-bye to Brooklyn.  I cried when I was giving her hugs and kisses.  I had never been away from her for more than one overnight, which was really only about 20 hours.  So, over 48 hours and 2 nights away from my baby wasn't going to be easy!

Ben and I went to my doctors appointment, all checked out well with Miss Molly, we headed to Rally House to shop and then to lunch down on Southwest Boulevard at Ponak's! Yummy!! It was a great lunch! I had been craving a big, delicious Mexican meal!

After lunch we headed to the hotel to check in! We stayed at the Westin by Crown Center. We checked in around 1:30.  The first thing I did was change into some comfy clothes and laid on the bed and took a 3 hour nap! It was amazing!! Ben worked a little and then he took a short nap too!

After our nap we got up and headed to dinner at Houston's! I always try to get something new every time I go there because I want to try everything! Ben always gets the French Dip sandwich.  I told him I thought I was going to get the French Dip too! He said he had changed his mind and was going to get the ribs! So, I got the French Dip and he got the ribs! I don't think we are ever going to get anything else! We both LOVED our meals! I keep telling him we have to go back before the baby comes because I want another French Dip! Yum!!

We decided we didn't want dessert from Houston's so we drove to Prairie Village and went to TCBY! Yummy!!

We drove back to our hotel and went to bed!! I got 12 hours of straight sleep!! That has not happened since before Brooklyn was born! It was amazing! I told Ben I felt like a new person and I was in the best mood!!


We went to brunch at Eggtc. We had not been there before and it was delicious!!

Blueberry pancakes and bacon! Yum! I didn't come close to finishing!






That afternoon we went to The Glynn's for a cookout and to see their new house they just built! We didn't stay for dinner.  We headed to the Royals game and ate ballpark food! Yum! ( I told you this staycation was all about eating and sleeping!)

The Royals won! yay! We sat in our normal seats in Diamond Club, but went to get a funnel cake (more food!) and decided to eat it inside the Diamond Club! These were the only pictures I took!

When we got back to our seats outside, I realized I didn't have my sunglasses! I was freaking out! I had Ben run back upstairs/inside and they were sitting on the chair I was in! Glad they were found!



 
We headed back to the hotel, rented a movie and went to bed!

I didn't sleep in as late Sunday morning, I was too excited to get home to see my baby girl! First we went to eat breakfast at Cascone's in the city market! I had a great breakfast sandwich! We got a few things at the market and headed home!

I was so happy to see my baby girl!

It was a great weekend, but I missed Brooklyn so much! As much as I love the thought of going to the beach for a week just Ben and me, I really don't think I could do it! I could not leave Brooklyn for a week.  It might be a long time before I get my adults only beach vacation, but that is ok-I would rather spend my time with Brooklyn than away from her on the beach!

I wish Ben and I would have taken more pictures, but we didn't! Oh well! 








No comments:

Post a Comment