Tuesday, June 5, 2012

May (part 1)

May is an exciting and busy month for us!! May 1st is our anniversary, I now get to celebrate Mother's Day, my birthday is the 19th, Brooklyn's 1/2 birthday is the 26th and Memorial Day weekend! What a fun month!! I am going to do several posts about the month of May, just so I can keep the memories from May 2012!

This year we celebrated our second anniversary! I can't believe we have been married 2 years!! Crazy!! Ben and I are going to try and stick with the traditional yearly gift-giving.  The second year is cotton! Ben surprised me with a new light comforter/blanket for our bed! It matches perfectly! We both get so hot with our big fluffly comforter so this is perfect! (Don't you like how he gave me a gift that he can use too-clever!?!?!).  I didn't get Ben much; he has a pair of flannel PJ pants that he LOVES! (we exchange pajamas each Christmas Eve and I got him flannel pj's this past Christmas).  I knew he would be too hot in the summer months wearing flannel, so I got him a pair of cotton pj pants-which he also LOVES!!

I cooked dinner at home on our actual anniversary-Ben's favorite: chicken grillers!! They are pretty yummy!!

Later in the month we went out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday! We went to Kona! I craved sushi the entire time I was pregnant but couldn't have it.  Finally, almost 6 months after giving birth I satisfied my sushi craving!! Yum! Ben had a bad sushi experience while we were on our honeymoon, so he was excited to try sushi again too! He hadn't had sushi since our honeymoon-so 2 years! We both enjoyed it!

our gifts to one another!


our first attempt at a self family photo! Not too bad!

before going to dinner-awkward photo! Too much brown! Note to self: do not use kitchen as background for pictures


yummy sushi! I thought I needed 3 rolls! I could not finish them all!



No comments:

Post a Comment