Friday, June 29, 2012

Brooklyn-7 Months

Brooklyn Paige is 7 months old!! Wow!! My little baby girl changes each and every day! She has her own personality and she makes me laugh every day! She is the most amazing little girl and I love her more each day!!



Unofficial Stats:
weight: 19.2 pounds
length:

Clothes: 9-12 months
P.J.'s: 6-9 month, 9-12 month
Diapers: size 3

Schedule:
wakes between 7-7:30am, bottle (7 oz) nap around 8:30/9am.  9:30/10am-solids (oatmeal and fruit).  11am-bottle (7 oz).  Nap.  Play.  Run errands.  3pm-bottle (7 oz).  Nap.  5:30pm-solids (oatmeal and vegetable).  6:30pm-bath. 7pm-bottle (8 oz).  7:30pm-in bed 7:45pm-asleep!

I am loving this schedule and loving the fact that Brooklyn is taking longer naps! Wish I would have asked the doctor about her short napping a long time ago! I think she is starting to love sleep just like her mommy!! 

The plan is to keep on this schedule through this next month and at 8 months start introducing meat/protein foods and start feeding her lunch.  My goal is to have her down to 2 naps a day (morning and afternoon) by 9 months and also to have her down to 3 bottles at 9 months! We will see what happens!!

I am still pumping 3 times a day (hoping in the next month or so to start eliminating my mid-day pump).  I am pumping about 30 ounces a day still.  I have started using some of my frozen milk from December and January (since we don't have a deep freeze frozen milk in a standard freezer stays good for 6 months).  So, Brooklyn's 11am and 3 pm bottles are thawed milk and her morning and bedtime bottles are pumped from that day! It works for us, but I am truly getting tired of pumping! I am hoping that around 9 months when she gets down to 3 bottles a day that I will have enough stored milk to last until she is 12 months.  If I think I have enough to last 3 months then I will most likely start to wean myself of pumping! The end is in sight!! Woo Hoo!!

This month has been wonderful! My baby girl is getting so big and I feel like I bond with her more and more each day! She is my little side kick! I love it!!

What Brooklyn has been up to this past month:

  • found mommy's hair (ouch!)
  • found her ears-she pulls on them when she is tired or drinking a bottle.  Sometimes she pulls so hard on them she hurts herself and cries!
  • Brooklyn is starting to become a daddy's little girl!! It is the sweetest thing! In the mornings when she wakes up we change her diaper and then if Ben is still home we go into the master bath where he is getting ready and she gets the biggest smile on her face when she sees him! It is adorable!! When Ben comes home from work, when we hear the garage door open I say to her "Dada's home!" She smiles and starts looking around for her! So cute!! Ben loves it too! It melts my heart to see them together!
  • Went swimming at Grammie and Grandpa Brunker's house for the first time! She loved the water!




daddy blowing up the pool float

loves it!


swimming with daddy!



Hi Mommy! This is fun!!

big girl!

  •  She babbles ALL the time and just last week (6/21) she started saying "babababa" and "dadadadada".  When she 'talks' her voice changes to a sweet feminine voice! I love it!  When she is not 'talking' and just making noises she sounds mean! Ha!
  • She sits up like a pro! No help or support needed for her! There is the occasional time where she will get lazy or tired or sitting up and just fall backwards or to the side, but when she does fall she never cries like it hurt or anything! 
  • Brooklyn is very strong!! 
  • Celebrated Daddy's first Father's Day (separate post)
  • On 6/4 she took her longest nap EVER!! It was 2 hours and 15 minutes!! Since then she will take at least one 2 hour (or close) a day! 
  • Her Axid medicine for her Acid Reflux is just about gone! Hopefully she will be fine without it, I really don't want to have to refill it.
  • When you ask her if she can say "dada" she will just start babbling/talking like she is trying to say it-so cute!
  • We are working on clapping!! When you clap and ask her to clap she moves her arms all around and brings them in front of her.  She claps with her arms, she doesn't have the hand part down yet!!
  • She loves riding in the shopping cart at the grocery store and Target! No more carrying her on me in the baby Bjorn! Thank goodness! It was getting very difficult to grocery shop with a 18 pound child on the front of me! I have a shopping cart cover that I use and she loves it! While at the store she just loves to stare at people! It is pretty funny!
  • Brooklyn always has her tongue sticking half way out when she isn't smiling or talking! It is the funniest thing! 
  • Went to her first Royal's baseball game (separate post)
  • She was eating rice cereal at each meal but one day she decided she did not like rice cereal anymore so we switched to oatmeal and she LOVES it!! I am not going to lie (I try everything that she eats) the oatmeal is really good!
  • I started giving Brooklyn her lovie at naptime and at bedtime.  Naptime does not stress me out because I can just turn on the video monitor and look at her to make sure the lovie is not over her face.  I do the same thing at bedtime, when I am still awake.  But, right before I go to bed, I go in her room and try and take it from her.  Usually it is out to her side and she is fast asleep that she is not holding it anymore so it is easy for me to take.  There have been a couple of night though, that I have not been able to get the lovie out from underneath her so I have left it in her crib all night! I was a little paranoid those nights! I know that if she started having trouble breathing she would be able to move to get her lovie off of her face, but it still scares me!
  • Went to her first Goetze Golf Tournament-she just attended the banquet, not the entire tournament! (I am so mad/sad that I only got one picture from that night)
  • Finally-Brooklyn started putting her paci in her mouth on her own!! This was a huge milestone in my book! I had read some things that said to get rid of the paci before they could put it back in their mouth, but the paci is our saving grace sometimes! I will fight the paci battle later in life if it is giving me some sanity now! I have started putting 3-4 pacis in her crib at night so if she wakes up she will find one and put it back in her mouth and back to sleep she goes! It is truly amazing!! I love it!!
  • Brooklyn fake coughs all the time!! 
  • She makes the funniest faces and the loudest noises! Ben and I really think that our child is the loudest child EVER! I don't know where she gets her set of lungs from....maybe me? (If anyone has ever heard me scream at a Chiefs game, you would say she gets her yelling/screaming/squealing from me!)
My little girl is such a joy to be around!! She is still a little shy/timid/scared when other people come around, but she is slowly getting better! It takes awhile for her to warm up to anyone new and she doesn't really like for others to hold her, except for mommy and daddy! She is pretty much spoiled rotten!!  We love our baby girl so much and can't wait to see what the next month brings!! *I am hoping she stays immobile for another month, or two-I am really not ready for a baby on the move! Ha!!*

Random photos throughtout the month:

big girl sitting up in her bathtub.  It was very difficult to wash her hair while she was sitting up!




loves bath time!

Goetze Golf Tournament. With Kathie Lumbard and Kenley (Brooklyn and Kenley are like 6 weeks apart)

When Brooklyn is fussy all you have to do is put on Baby Genius DVD and she will calm down and lay on the floor and watch! So funny!

silly girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment