Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 38

The end is near and I could not be more excited! I can't wait to meet Miss Brooklyn!! Ben and I are enjoying our last few days as just the 2 of us.  We talk about Brooklyn constantly and always are wondering what she is going to look like.  The suspense is killing us! But, we know that she will come when she is healthy and ready-so we don't want to rush things! I keep telling myself that, but it is easier to say than it is to actually listen to myself and be patient....let the waiting continue...

Pregnancy Updates-Week 38
How Far Along: Today I am 38 weeks 5 days
Total Weight Gain: I don't want to talk about it-after not gaining any weight for about 2-3 weeks I gained 3 pounds in 1 week-hopefully it was all Brooklyn
Maternity Clothes: Yes-and Ben's clothes!
Favorite Moment This Week: Finishing up things around the house-and spending quality time with Ben!! Also, spending quality time with my mom.  On Friday we went shopping, out to lunch and got pedicures! It was a great day with my mommy!!
Gender: Girl
Movement: Yes! They aren't as frequent but when she does move my entire belly moves, I am hoping she is running out of room, so she will want to come out and play!
Food Cravings: Nothing in particular-I got my BBQ fix at Smokehouse on Friday night, so I am good!
What I Miss: Bending down easily, sleeping comfortably, not having to pee every 15 minutes...
Sleep: Last night I was up several times to use the restroom and then from 5am-7am I could not sleep, but around 7 I finally fell back asleep and slept until 10:30-oops!
What I Am Looking Forward To: My doctor appointment tomorrow (Tuesday 11/15) to see if I have progressed any, and of course can't wait to meet Brooklyn!
Symptoms: all that comes with being 38-39 weeks pregnant, but I wouldn't change any of it for the world! My back has been really hurting! Last night Ben gave me a great back massage and I took a bath, but the pain never seemed to go away.  It comes and goes today, I am hoping it is not the start of back labor...
Belly Button: OUT!
Next Dr. Appointment: Tomorrow; Tuesday 11/15
Contractions: Yes, random ones.  I had about 4 in a 45 minute period on Friday but then they just stopped! 
Dilated/Effaced: Yes-but I was a little bummed last week at the doctors office because I had not progressed any from my 37 week appointment-I was still 1/2 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  I better have made some progress this past week or I will be even more disappointed.


Ben tells me this is a fake smile, I tell him it is just showing exactly how I feel-miserable! My back has been really bothering me :(

No comments:

Post a Comment