Thursday, November 17, 2011

39 Weeks

I still can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone! It is amazing! I really hope time slows down once Brooklyn arrives, but I doubt that will happen. I hear parents all around say time goes by so fast when you have little ones.

Pregnancy Update-Week 39
How Far Along: 39 weeks 1 day
Total Weight Gain: I actually lost a pound this past week, so I have gained a total of 33 pounds! WOW!
Maternity Clothes: Yes.  I actually did a little online shopping for myself last night and purchased some NON-maternity clothes that I am hoping to be able to wear by the first of the year.  I ordered a size up than what I normally wear, so hopefully I can wear them sooner!
Favorite Moment This Week: Finding out there is a definite end in sight!!
Gender: Girl
Movement: Yes, starting to slow down though!
Food Cravings: Nothing in particular.  Some days I am hungry, some days I am not.  I did make some amazing beef stew the other night and I have been craving it since so I think I will have leftovers of that for lunch on this chilly day!
What I Miss: having a back that does not ache.
Sleep: So-so.  Last night was ok.  I tend to sleep best between the hours of 5am-11am.  Luckily, I am fortunate enough to be able to sleep in like that-but not for long! :)
What I Am Looking Forward To: Meeting Brooklyn.  9 days maximum!! Yipee!!
Symptoms: Back ache, aches and pains all over, a lot of pressure down low, etc. etc.
Belly Button: Out
Next Dr. Appt: Tuesday, Nov 22
Contractions: Yes
Dilation/Effacement: Still 1/2 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  I had surgery on my cervix back in 2007 (that is why I had so many ultrasounds back in early pregnancy-to check on my cervix to make sure it was holding the baby), well now, my doctor thinks I have scar tissue on my cervix from the surgery and that is preventing me from dilating.  So, the plan is to be induced on Saturday November, 26 if Brooklyn does not come on her own.  During labor my doctor will have to go in and break up the scar tissue to help the dilation process...yikes!! I used to be up in the air about getting an epidural but now that all of this is happening I will gladly be accepting that epidural.  I do not want to know what it feels like to get scar tissue on my cervix broken up.  Yikes!! So-the countdown is on-9 days maximum until I can hold my baby girl! Ben and I have one last weekend just the 2 of us.  We don't know what to do-should we stay home and relax and enjoy each others company in our home or do we plan something fun and go out on a date!?!? I think we are for sure going to see a movie on Saturday but that is all that is planned.  
I have been debating when to take down Fall decorations and put up Christmas decorations.  I usually wait until the day after Thanksgiving, but I think I am going to start this weekend.  I don't want to spend my last day before giving birth putting up Christmas decor.  So, we will see if Ben is up for helping me put up the tree and stuff. 



No comments:

Post a Comment