Monday, November 7, 2011

37 weeks

Wow!! 37 weeks already-I have a full term baby in my belly! I never thought this day would come! How exciting!!
Pregnancy Updates-Week 37
How Far Along: 37 weeks 5 days
Total Weight Gain: I didn't gain any weight at my 37 week appointment last week-yipee!!
Maternity Clothes: Yes! And hubby's clothes.  I can wear some of my non-maternity lounge pants which is nice!
Favorite Moment This Week: Going for my weekly appointment!
Gender: Girl! Brooklyn Paige
Movement: Yes! She is doing weird things lately-I think she is running out of room and trying to see what she can still do.  The other night Ben and I were watching my belly and we saw her foot as clear as could-it was the weirdest looking thing ever-it freaked me out a little bit.  I have been getting very emotional when I sit and watch her move because I know that these days are coming to an end-I am going to miss feeling her in me, but I know I will love holding her in my arms even more! It is bittersweet!
Food Cravings: I haven't been craving much-I think my appetite is decreasing and so is my stomach size.  I don't feel like I eat very much these days.  I am just not hungry!
What I Miss: Sleeping on my back
Sleep: Some nights are good some night are bad
What I am Looking Forward To: My 38 week doctors appointment to see if I have progressed any and of course meeting my little Brooklyn Bear (that is her new nickname I have given her)
Symptoms: all of the aches and pains that come with being 37 weeks pregnant
Belly Button: I think it is as far out as it is going to get-so I am going to officially say it is popped all the way!
Next Dr. Appt: Tuesday Nov 8
Contractions: yes! A LOT more cramping these past few nights.  It seems as though the cramping comes at the same time each night, so I am wondering if when I go into labor if it will be in the early evening since that is when I have been having all of these cramps.
Dilation/Effacement: At my 37 week appointment I was 1/2 cm dilated and 80% effaced-nothing to write home about but at least I know my body is making progress (although slow) and getting ready for this baby!!

***Ben thinks I am going into labor this Thursday night (11/10) and she will be born on 11/11.  My guess is she is going to be born on 11/15 or 11/19 but not any sooner.  There is a part of me that also thinks she is going to be late, which I try not to think about.  ha!! Only time will tell.  I was talking to my dad yesterday on the phone (who is in California until Thursday, so Brooklyn can't come before then) and he asked how I was doing and I told him I feel fine but this waiting game SUCKS! He knows that I am not a very patient person and we both just laughed at the situation because this is the hardest thing for me-I am too much of a planner and want to know the exact day and time she is going to arrive and I am not patient either so that doesn't make anything better!

Good thing I still have a few things to do around the house to keep me occupied.  Today I am doing some light cleaning/laundry and organizing a few last things, tomorrow I have a doctors appointment, need to get an oil change in the Jeep, have a massage at 1pm so that should keep me busy.  On Wednesday, Janet is taking me out to lunch and to do some shopping so that should be fun! Thursday I don't have much planned, I will probably clean the house again, ha!  On Friday, I am spending the day with my mommy! We are going to go to lunch, a movie, get pedicures and I need my eye brows waxed! I told Ben Brooklyn can't come on Friday because I need one last day to spend with my mommy until she arrives! So, this week is planned for-it is this weekend and next week that I don't have much going on at all! So next week would be the perfect time for her to come! But, I know, she will come when she is ready and that is how I want it-I don't want her to come unless she is completely healthy and ready! 

***My camera is charging so I can't upload my picture for the week right now-will do that sooner than later (hopefully)!***


No comments:

Post a Comment