Friday, June 10, 2011

week 16

Wednesday I had an ultrasound and my 16 week OB appointment.  All went well!! Baby is very active! We were thinking we might be able to find out the sex of the baby, but we didn't.  Baby Brunker's legs were crossed.  It was actually pretty cute, because the right ankle was tucked behind the left ankle and the baby would move around like that without moving the right leg off of the left.  When I called my dad and told him that he said it must be a girl and she is being modest and not showing her privates.  I have had other people tell me that too-we will see!! Next ultrasound is June 21, so hopefully we will be able to walk out of the appointment on that day and I can start buying gender specific baby items!! Ben and I haven't really been doing anything exciting-he has been working a lot and I have been reading and relaxing a lot! Nothing too exciting going on with us besides the pregnancy.
Pregnancy Updates
How Far Along:16 weeks 2 day
Total Weight Gain: 6 pounds (eek!)
Maternity Clothes: Yes
Favorite Moment This Week: getting to see the baby during the ultrasound on Wednesday.  It is so amazing what you can see during the those.  The spine was incredible during this one.  The baby was stretching out, almost like it was trying to do a back bend and that is when the spine was easily seen.  So amazing that all of this is going on inside of me.  What an incredible miracle this is! 
Gender: Don't know yet, wish we would have found on on Wednesday but hopefully on the 21st, which is only 11 days away we will find out at the 18 week ultrasound! Can't wait!
Movement: I am going to say yes! When my Dr. asked me this question on Wednesday I told her I didn't know, I explained to her the weird/funny feeling I would feel every once in awhile and told her I didn't know if it was movement or round ligament pain and she said the way I described it it sounds to her it is movement.  So now, every time I feel that feeling I touch my belly (although it is still too early to feel any movement from the outside of my body) and I am in awe that my little baby is moving around inside of me!
Food Cravings: Apples with Peanut Butter, Orange Juice 
What I miss: Being active.  I am hoping the weather cools down this weekend so I can get a long walk in!
Sleep: The past few nights have been great, ever since Wednesday when I asked my Dr. about laying/sleeping on my back.  I have read a lot that at around 16 weeks you should stop laying flat on your back, so I have been trying this week not to lay on my back while sleeping and I told Ben if he wakes up and I am on my back to roll me over.  Well, my Dr. said that I can lay flat on my back until 20 weeks.  So, I have been taking advantage of what my Dr. said and am enjoying my sleep a little more, even though I still get up to use the restroom 3-5 times a night. 
What I am looking forward to: Ben and I are going to go to Nebraska Furniture Mart in the next few days and finalize which crib/bedroom furniture we want. We aren't going to make the final purchase yet but we are going to figure out which one we want.  Right now NFM only has 12 months no interest financing and I am thinking that closer to July 4th they will have a sale/special going on with better financing and that is when we will buy the crib.  I am all for saving some money these days.  I am started to become very frugal (it drives Ben nuts sometimes when I tell him he wasted something or I can't believe he bought that, etc. etc. When Ben thinks he needs a new 'toy' or something I think of what the price is going to be and then I tell him "well that could buy about 4 or 5 packages of diapers" 
Symptoms: Well, last night Ben and I went out to eat with his mom and sister at Abuelos in Zona Rosa (I love(d) Mexican food) and then I met my mom at the movie theater and we saw Water for Elephants (the book was better), well, during the entire movie I kept burping up my dinner, but didn't think anything of it, just thought I was having a little heartburn, no big deal.  Well, I then came home and laid on the couch and finished watching the NBA finals game and all of the sudden I didn't feel well.  I thought I just had a gassy stomach.  I got ready for bed and went to take my prenatal vitamin and as I was bringing the water up to mouth to take a drink I had to quickly stop and run to the toilet, and there I lost my entire dinner.  TMI? Sorry! I felt a little better after I threw up and went right to bed.  I do not know if this was pregnancy related or what that was all about.  I am also starting to get bad headaches in the afternoon.  My Dr. told me to just make sure I am staying hydrated, but headaches are common this time of pregnancy.  O joy! 

I feel like I rambled a lot above so I am going to stop tying and post some pictures of my growing belly and some ultrasound pictures of little nugget (this is what Ben and I call the baby)!! Enjoy!





left side: profile and neck- right side: leg; hip, knee and foot
more leg and profile-amazing!!


profile again-I think baby already has Ben's nose! ha!

arm and hand, waving! So cute!!




No comments:

Post a Comment