Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sally's Wedding

Mom, Brooklyn and I headed to Manhattan, KS Saturday morning August 17th for Sally and Cole's wedding! We kept telling Brooklyn we were going to a wedding to see Sally in a pretty dress, we would then eat and dance and sleep in a hotel at night! She seemed to understand quite a bit of that and kept talking about it on the drive there! I bought 2 new Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD's for the 2 hour car ride and Brooklyn was almost perfect for the trip there and back! Sometimes that DVD player in the car is my lifesaver and other times it is very annoying!

When we arrived in Manhattan we went to the hotel to see if we could get an early check-in! We got one! Thank goodness! We then went to get a quick lunch, headed back to the hotel to change into our wedding attire!





The wedding started at 2pm, which is nap time.  I was very worried about how Brooklyn would do during the ceremony. I had a bag full of quiet toys and activities, but she didn't seem too interested in them.  If she did play with them, she also wanted to be loud.  She started getting fussy, so my mom held her and rocked her in the pew for a bit and she fell asleep! 



After the wedding we had a couple of hours to spare before the reception at 5pm.  I was hoping Brooklyn would fall back asleep at the hotel since she didn't get a full nap in, but she didn't! We played instead!

She was very excited to dance at the reception! She danced for a bit and then started getting really tired and fell asleep in my lap watching other people dance!








She slept great in the hotel! I was very proud of her and I got some good sleep too!

The next morning, we played for a bit and then headed to get donuts and stop at a park to burn some energy before getting in the car for 2 hours!





playing the piano at the donut shop!



It was a great wedding and I am glad we made the drive to Manhattan! Congrats Sally and Cole!! Brooklyn still remembers the wedding too! When you ask her who got married she says "Sally".  When you ask who she married she says "boy....Cole"! So cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment