Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Chalkboard Wall

We had a blank wall in our pantry that I wanted to put to good use! I wanted to make a magnetic and chalkboard wall for Brooklyn to play with! It was a pretty simple process and I am happy with the way it turned out!

We measured out the square we wanted and Ben used painters tape and taped off the area! 

I painted 3 coats of magnetic primer! It was very weird paint!
 The magnetic primer had to dry for 2 hours in between coats.  After the third coat it had to dry for 24 hours before applying the chalkboard paint!

After all the painting was done Ben headed to Home Depot and got some trim to hang around as a border! It turned out pretty good for such an impromptu project!!

 Once the trim was up I had to "prime" the chalkboard! Basically just put chalk all over the board and leave it there for 24 hours, then wipe off and it's ready to go!
 I added letter and animal magnets!

 I hung 3 baskets for eraser and chalk!
 Brooklyn seeing the chalkboard wall for the first time!!!


 Her favorite thing to do is write something and then erase it! HA!

It was a fun project and I know we will get good use out of it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment