Monday, September 12, 2011

Weeks 28 and 29

Surprise, surprise...I am behind again and will be doing 2 pregnancy updates in one post.  You would think that since I am only working 3 days a week I would have more times on my hand to blog, but for some reason I am finding other things to do to take up my time, such as NESTING! Nesting is something the husband doesn't quite understand, but after a short argument he is slowly starting to understand and has agreed to help with some things around the house that I probably shouldn't do or can't do.  We will see how long it takes him to get them done...
On another note, I am feeling pretty good, can't believe how quickly time is flying by.  Miss Brooklyn is going to be here very soon and I am so excited to meet her.  I have signed up for Preparation for Childbirth class and a Newborn Care class.  All which will take place in October, which is hard to believe is next month!

Pregnancy Updates-Week 28 and Week 29
How Far Along: 29 weeks 5 days
Total Weight Gain: I actually got on the scale for the first time in a long time at home on Saturday at it said 149, which is what I was at the doctors almost 2 weeks ago.  I have been walking a lot since the weather has been so nice maybe that has helped me not to gain 2 pounds a week! I would say total weight gain through 29 weeks is about 24-25 pounds.  Doctor said a 35 pound weight gain is fine for me based on my pre-pregnancy weight.
Maternity Clothes: Yes! I can't wait to start wearing some of my fall maternity clothes.  I am tired of gym shorts, yoga pants and tank tops! 
Favorite Moment This Week: feeling Brooklyn move A LOT! She is very active.  And, getting some wall decorations for her room.  I am hoping I can have her room done by the 1st week in October.  That is my goal-we will see what happens....
Gender: Girl-Brooklyn Paige
Movement: I think she wants to run like her mommy wants to run.  She is always on the move, which I love! Food Cravings: Milk, orange juice, fruit
What I miss: running, sleeping on stomach, being able to do things quickly, such as putting on socks and tennis shoes.
Sleep: some nights are good, others are horrible.  Last night was great, 2 nights ago, horrible.  It has helped that I have been able to get out and walk because that makes my legs sore and tired and I always feel like I get a better nights sleep after I have had a good walk.
What I am looking forward to: Getting Brooklyn's room done and getting things done around the house!
Symptoms: Nothing out of the ordinary, just everything that comes with being 29 weeks pregnant.  My lower back is starting to hurt.  I think I will be making another appointment for a prenatal massage!
Belly Button: the thing is still half in and half out.  I am waiting for it to completely pop so that husband will stop making fun of it.  
Next Dr. Appointment: Tomorrow, Tuesday Sept 13 at 2pm.  Can't wait to hear little misses heartbeat!




No comments:

Post a Comment