Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chiefs Home Opener

Sunday (9/11) was the Chiefs home opener and season opener.  If you know me at all, you know that I am a huge Chiefs fan.  I grew up going to Chiefs games and just because I am pregnant nothing is changing!! I knew it would be weird going to a Chiefs game and not being the usual fan that I am.  Let me explain: the usual fan that I am, when not pregnant, is a loud, obnoxious fan, but of course the loudness and obnoxiousness (is that a word?) are usually alcohol induced.  The tailgate was fun-the girls talked, the guys played bags, we ate and had a great time.  When walking into the stadium I just felt different about being there, I knew that I wouldn't be yelling loud and embarrassing my husband, so maybe that is why I felt weird.  The pregame festivities were very cool-all centered around 9-11.  Then came the kickoff-disaster, Chiefs fumbled and the Bills scored right away.  Not a great way to start a game.  It was extremely hot-our seats are in the sun and it was horrible, but not as bad as the Kenny Chesney concert at Arrowhead on 7/30.  The Chiefs did not show up to play the game.  To make a long story short and to re-cap my day at Arrowhead: Sober, hot and sweaty pregnant wife + intoxicated husband + Chiefs not showing up to play = we leave early and go to Hoopers to eat and watch the rest of the game.  Needless to say, before the season started I was a little bummed that I wouldn't be able to go to all of the Chiefs homes games, but after the game on Sunday, I could care less about missing games this season.  I can't wait for Brooklyn to get here and we can sit on the couch in the controlled climate house and watch the Chiefs lose for free! Sounds good to me!

Brooklyn's 'first' Chiefs game!!

No comments:

Post a Comment