Saturday, August 6, 2011

Weeks 23 and 24

Again, I am playing catch-up.  I am going to combine weeks 23 and 24 into one update, there really isn't much change with me these days.  Even though I haven't been good at blogging, I have been doing a good job keeping up with my weekly pictures, so I am not a total slacker!

Pregnancy Updates-Weeks 23 and 24

How Far Along: Right now as I am typing this I am 24 weeks and 3 days
Total Weight Gain: Brace yourself----19 pounds! Disgusting and Embarrassing! To make the 19 pound shocker a little easier to swallow, I have been telling myself that I got on the scale at the doctors office about 20 minutes after Ben and I had lunch at Winsteads-so I had a fresh burger, fries and limeade chillin' in my stomach! 
Maternity Clothes: YES! After gaining 19 pounds maternity clothes are a must!
Favorite Moment This Week: getting to see Brooklyn via ultrasound one last time.  It was a very bittersweet kind of day.  I am glad that my cervix and placenta are doing great and there is no need for ultrasounds every 2 weeks anymore, but I am sad that I won't get to see our baby girl every 2 weeks.  We truly have been spoiled with getting these scans every 2 weeks.  Since my cervix has been 'proven' to hold a baby this long then with subsequent pregnancies I most likely will not have to get ultrasounds every 2 weeks, which is another sad thing.  But again, I have been spoiled!! Ben and I keep saying it will make delivery day so much more exciting since we haven't seen Brooklyn since week 24, which is so true.  Based on the ultrasound we are pretty certain that she has Ben's nose and my feet/toes! So, the rest of her is going to be a surprise for us! Can't wait!
Gender: Girl! Brooklyn Paige
Movement: A LOT, A LOT, A LOT! I love feeling my baby girl moving all around me-so sweet and still such an incredible miracle to me!
Food Cravings: Peanut Butter, Ego Waffles, Orange Juice, fruit
What I miss: Having a clear face (yes, again).  These past 2 weeks have been horrible with breakouts.  I thought things were starting to get better, but boy was I wrong.  And, of all places, it is my dang chin that has breakouts galore. It is awful.  I have not had time to go get a facial, and I don't think I am going to have time this week, so it is going to have to wait another week before I can get a facial.
Sleep: Well, last night was great-I got 12 hours of sleep! Ben couldn't believe I slept that long-but I feel like a new person today-what a great feeling! I have been sleeping pretty good for the most part (some nights are hit and miss), but overall sleep is good!
What I am looking forward to: Time to keep quickly passing! Every day Ben and I say "we want our little girl here NOW!"  We are becoming very impatient and I have a feeling it is only going to get worse.
Symptoms: NOTHING! I am getting used to being pregnant and I am loving the second trimester! 

Enjoy the pictures of my +19 pounds below...





No comments:

Post a Comment