Monday, July 16, 2012

Brookyn's 1/2 Birthday

**This post is almost 2 months late-I started working on it, but for some reason I never published it.  I am only publishing it now for my own records and memories, but you can enjoy too!!**

Brooklyn turned 6 months old on May 26th (Memorial Day weekend).  I decided I wanted to have a little party for her (she needed new toys, so it was just a way to justify buying her new toys).  I saw a cute idea of 1/2 of a birthday cake, so I made a trip to the local Price Chopper and talked to the lady who makes the cakes and told her what I wanted.  It turned out so cute!! And it was delicious!!






My mom (Brooklyn's Nana/Sharon) and Ben's mom (Brooklyn's Grams/Lisa) came down on Sunday to celebrate and have dinner with us!! We made chicken grillers and potato packets!! So yummy!!

Brooklyn refused to take an afternoon nap so she was a GRUMP!!

After dinner we put a wrapped present in front of her and she didn't know what to do! We helped her take the wrapping paper off






When she saw her new toy-she was so happy SCREAMED! She was scared of it!


   
daddy trying to show her it is a fun, cool toy!!



It took about a week for Brooklyn to get adjusted to this new toy, but now she loves it!!

She had more presents from her Grandma's to open! She was not thrilled at all...

she thought the tissue paper was pretty neat!

We then took her outside where Ben had put up a swing for her!! We put her in it, and guess what...she loved hated it too! (She LOVES her swing now-we try to swing every day!)



Tired and grumpy girl!


We decided to give her an early bath since she was so grumpy!! Right after I put on her pajamas, Lisa came upstairs to Brooklyn's room and asked if I wanted to do something with the cake before Brooklyn went to bed.  I had totally forgotten about the cake and was so thankful Lisa said something before I started feeding Brooklyn!!

We put a candle on the cake and sang "Happy Birthday" to Brooklyn!

I let her touch it but didn't let her taste any...mean mommy..?



awkward family photo!
Then it was off to bed for Miss Brooklyn!! Not how I envisioned the day, but that is all part of having a baby-nothing ever goes as planned!! Happy 1/2 birthday, Brooklyn Paige!! Mommy and Daddy love you SO much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment