Wednesday, July 18, 2012

All Star Game Festivities

As we all know, The All Star Game was played in Kansas City this year!! What a great thing for our city!! Unfortunately, Ben and I were not able to go to the game....not in the budget! Bummer!! Since we couldn't go to the game, we still wanted to participate in some activities that were going on around town the week before the big game!

Ben took 2 weeks off from work...I never thought it would happen but it did! I thought for sure he would only be home for one week and would be ready to get back to work or he would have so much to do he had to get back, but he didn't!  Brooklyn and I got him for 2 whole weeks! (He did go in to work one afternoon for maybe 2 hours, but that was it! And, he did do work from home but only while Brooklyn was napping).  Sorry, I got off track...back to All Star things...

All Star Fan Fest was held at Bartle Hall, and I thought we should go! I had no idea what it would be all about but I still wanted to go.  Tickets were $30 a person, which I thought was a little much, but I found a coupon for buy 1 get 1 free Friday.  So, that is the reason we went on Friday.  We packed the diaper bag, stroller and all things baby and headed to Bartle Hall.

There were TONS of things to see and do! It would have been great if Brooklyn was about a year older and could have ran around to do all the fun things.  O well! I am still glad that we went!

We got to see all of the trophies that are related to MLB.  Home Run Derby trophy, All Star Game trophy, MVP and of course World Series Champs trophy! It was pretty cool!

Brooklyn and me with the World Series Trophy!!

  They had people taking pictures for you and then would give you a card with your photo number for you to look it up at home...well, it still says that my photos are unavailable.  I am bummed because she took 3-4 pictures of Ben, Brooklyn and I in front of this trophy. 

Biggest baseball!!

These are the only 2 pictures we took at Fan Fest on my camera because we had others take pictures of the 3 of us, but all of the tickets I have with a code to look pictures up with all say no image can be found...I am a little bummed. O well!

That Saturday, Ben's dad called and asked if we wanted tickets to All Star Sunday.  We quickly said YES!! All Star Sunday events included the Futures Game (USA vs World) and the Celebrity Softball Game.  I quickly called my mom and asked if she could watch Brooklyn! Thanks mom for watching her on such short notice!

Ben and I had a great time Sunday night! We might have spent too much money and drank too much, but it was a great night out! Thanks for the tickets Don!

In the parking lot there were several activities.  Budweiser had a tent and the Clydesdale's were there!! We had a beer in the parking lot from the Budweiser trailer-they were only $4/beer! Amazing! Inside the stadium beers were $9.50/beer.. Crazy!!  



 We met up with some friends in the outfield!!

Goetze people!!

Jenny Finch!







Bill Self


The crowd starting chanting "We Want Bo!!"...

....he finally came to the plate to hit!!

tired? too much to drink??...

fireworks show!

It was a great night and glad that we were able to do a few All Star Game related things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment