Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012

The first year Ben and I were together we went to Alabama for Thanksgiving to see my mom's side of the family.  We had a lot of fun and wish we could go every year, but flying and/or driving is just not budget friendly.  So, for the past several years we have joined my dad on Thanksgiving. 

On Thanksgiving my dad joins The Lile Family's Thanksgiving.  My dad and Don Lile were best friends in high school.  The Lile's live in Plattsburg! It is a great time! We call it Lile Land!

Don always fry's 2 turkeys and everyone else brings a side dish, or two! We sit around and eat, drink and play cards! Perfect day!

Last year at Lile Land Thanksgiving I was one day past my due date and going to be induced the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  I was so excited to take Brooklyn to Lile Land! She had a great time! The only bad part of the day was trying to get her to nap.  She would not nap in my lap so I put her in the car and drove around the farm for 2 seconds and she was out.  I parked the car by the front door of the Lile's house and let her sleep!

Lile Land Thanksgiving picture recap!!

We went outside for the annual kids scavenger hunt! It was such great weather! Brooklyn loved being outside and loved the cows and the dogs!






Family picture! 
 I put Brooklyn in her Christmas pajamas on Thanksgiving night! She was sound asleep once we got in the car to head home! Sweet baby!
It was a great Thanksgiving, and as always, we can't wait to go back! We love Lile Land!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment