Thursday, January 3, 2013

First Birthday Celebration at Home

On Brooklyn's actual birthday (11/26) we had our mom's over for dinner, presents and cupcakes! I had been sick the two days leading up to her birthday and really wasn't feeling well on her birthday, but I tried to put my big girl pants on and make my baby's birthday special!

My mom and Ben's mom saved their presents for her actual birthday instead of bringing them to the big party! Ben and I did the same! It was great! This time she really understood what presents were all about!

Next year I think I will wait until after Brooklyn's birthday to put up the Christmas tree. I always put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving but I did not like stockings and the tree up while we were celebrating her birthday.  I don't know what I am going to do if I ever have a December baby! Ha!

Anyway, back to the birthday girl!  After dinner she was ready to dig in to the gifts!

spoiled little girl!


Grams got Brooklyn a new baby doll and a stroller! She loves it!!
 Nana got Brooklyn some puzzles and books! She also got her a KU coat and mittens!
 Daddy made Brooklyn her own key chain! He went to Lowe's and bought keys (a princess key and KU key).  He also put a Vera Bradley ball on her key chain (she loves chewing on my mom's so he thought she would like one on hers).  Ben also got Brooklyn a mini KU sock monkey and a KU bracelet she likes to chew on!
 Mommy got Brooklyn a Gymbo stick puppet! She loves him!
 Her big gift from Mommy and Daddy was a Rock-A-Bye frog.  She did NOT like him at first.  I was sad.  She wanted nothing to do with it.  Now she likes to push the buttons and dance to the music but she still isn't a fan of riding on it.  Maybe someday!


Failed attempt at a family picture! Someone wanted her cupcake!


After presents we had cupcakes! I don't know what I was thinking but pink icing was not a good idea! O well, you only turn 1 once, right?!?! She enjoyed the cupcake and ate almost all of it!






After cupcakes it was bath then bed!

What a special birthday for my little girl! Can't wait to celebrate more birthday's with her! I just hope the years don't go as fast as the first!

No comments:

Post a Comment