Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Alabama Trip

On February 8, Ben, my mom, Brooklyn and I ventured to Alabama. My grandma Potter (my mom's mom) lives in Alabama, along with my Uncle Dwight and his family.  I knew that I wanted to take Brooklyn to Alabama to meet everyone while she was still little.  So, a few weeks before she was born we purchased airline tickets to fly into Nashville and drive the 1 1/2 hour drive to Huntsville, AL.  It is a lot cheaper to fly to Nashville and rent a car, then to fly into Huntsville-plus there are no direct flights to Huntsville so we would have had a layover and to switch planes.

I was very nervous for the plane ride and how Brooklyn would do, but she did great! On the way there she let out one little cry and that was my cue to feed her and all was good! On the way home, she never cried! She is a people watcher and loves loud noises so I think the plane was perfect for her! Ha! The only bad thing that happened, was Brooklyn filled her pants on our way down and it stunk up the back of the plane.  People all around us were holding their noses and talking about it.  There was nothing I could do! I thought breastfed babies poop wasn't supposed to stink!?! Ha!
Brooklyn slept for majority of the flight!

she loves having that tongue out!

Where am I?


It was so nice to have my mom go with us-the extra set of hands was great, especially when taking Brooklyn in the airport bathrooms to change her!

We made it to Grandma's house around 5:30pm that Wednesday night.  Grandma had sandwiches for us for dinner. We relaxed and talked.  We gave Brooklyn a bath in the kitchen sink-she seemed a little confused but didn't mind! Right before bath time, she gave daddy a laugh/giggle! It was the cutest thing EVER! I was a little jealous that daddy got the first laugh out of her! That night, Brooklyn slept 10 hours straight!!

What is going on!?! Why am I in a sink!?!


The next morning, grandma made her famous pancakes! (I requested that grandma make 2 things while visiting: pancakes and meatloaf). When we were growing up she would always make Mickey Mouse pancakes, so she had to make at least one pancake with ears for me (and Brooklyn). 
Mickey Mouse Pancake!! Yummy!!

Grandma took us out to lunch that Thursday.  That evening, we went over to my Uncle Dwight's house for dinner.  His 3 kids (my cousins), Eric, Jamie and Ashley were all there with their families.  It was so nice to see everyone! I didn't take a single picture over at Uncle Dwight's house.  oops!

Brooklyn slept another 10 hours straight that Thursday night!! I was pretty excited! I got caught up on my sleep!!

Friday we hung out at Grandma's and visited.  It was nice to just relax around the house and not do anything except spend time with family!
Great-Grandma Potter feeding Brooklyn a bottle! Love!

Brooklyn slept in a pack n play while at grandma's-it must have been comfy since she slept 10 hours!!


Daddy and Brooklyn taking a nap at Grandma's!
Friday night Grandma made meatloaf for dinner! So yummy! My cousin Ashley and cousin Eric and his family were the only ones that were able to make dinner on Friday at Grandmas.  It was nice to spend more time with them!
My cousin Ashley and Brooklyn.  Ashley is expecting her first baby in May!! yay!!

My cousin Brett holding Brooklyn! Brett is such a neat guy-he is a little person and so full of life!

Brett and his younger sister Hannah! Brett is 5, Hannah is 4. 

Brett showing us his tricks! So talented and strong!!

Hannah holding Brooklyn!
We had a great trip! My favorite part of the trip was capturing this picture:
4 Generations!!!!!
Grandma Potter (Elouise), Sharon, Katy and Brooklyn!

It was a great trip! Thanks for having us, grandma!! We will be back soon (I hope)!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment