Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Weeks 31 and 32

Pregnancy Updates-Weeks 31 and 32

How Far Along: As I am writing this I am 32 weeks 6 days
Total Weight Gain: I would say about 28 pounds-yikes!!
Maternity Clothes: Yes! I went to Gordman's today to find some home decor and I was just walking around and noticed they have a huge section of maternity clothes-most of which are Motherhood Maternity brand-who knew?!?! I was excited and got a couple of long sleeve shirts for $11.99.  
Favorite Moment This Week: Hanging curtains, and things on the wall in the nursery.  It is coming together.  I just put her crib sheet and skirt in the washer-I am sure I will wash it again before she actually sleeps in there, but it needed to be washed and I am sure I will have to iron the crib skirt, but I just wanted to get that done.
Gender: A girl-I still hope she is a girl-every once in awhile I will wonder what if the baby is a boy, I know I probably shouldn't wonder or think like that but I do...
Movement: Yes-she moves like crazy.  From 10-11pm and then again around 4am, those are her definite awake and very active times.  I also feel her several times during the day, just not as much!
Food Cravings: cereal and orange juice!!
What I Miss: Being able to move around quickly and get through small/tight spaces.  Sometimes I forget that I have a belly and will try to squeeze past someone or something and I end up brushing my belly against something.  I feel bad that I might have hurt Brooklyn, but I know she is safe and sound in the amniotic fluid!
Sleep: Ugh! Last night was not a good night.  I was up to go to the bathroom several times before 4am, but fell right back asleep each time, but at 4am when I got up to potty I could not get back to sleep.  I laid in bed and tossed and turned, Ben's alarm finally went off at 6:15am and when he got in the shower I went downstairs and made me some hot tea and watched the news.  But of course, I got tired at 8:30 so I laid back down and slept until 10am.
What I Am Looking Forward To: Childbirth Preparation classes-our first one was last night (10/3) and we will go for 2 more Mondays.  Ben and I really wanted to take the one day Saturday class just to get it out of the way, but the times offered never worked with our schedules, but we are glad that we are doing 3 Mondays in a row.  Ben was getting a little overwhelmed and frustrated just in the first 30 minutes of last night.  During break I had to calm him down and tell him that I am not expecting him to remember everything, so after that he was more relaxed and more engaged in the class.
Symptoms: I have been very achy and sore lately.  I took a walk last week and my legs were sore for 5 days-sore like I had ran in a 10K race, so I only walked one day last week and I haven't walked yet this week, hoping tomorrow morning to get up and go for a nice long walk! I have had really bad back pains lately too-Ben learned how to massage me last night in class so I think I am going to put him to work on my back! I have had some pain down low-so I know baby is getting big and starting to move down that way.  Also, Miss Brooklyn loves kicking my ribs-it is a bit uncomfortable to say the least.  Last night Ben and I were watching her as she would give the ribs a couple of good kicks in a row, then rest and then do it again.  Her little foot just feels so cute to touch through my belly, but not when it is right under my ribs! But, I wouldn't trade it for anything!!
Belly Button: It is officially more out than in-scary looking!
Next Dr. Appt: Next Tuesday October, 11.  It will be my last 'normal' appointment before

 







No comments:

Post a Comment