Thursday, October 6, 2011

Last Day...

Last Friday, September 30th, was my last day at The Moylans.  It was a sad day to say the least, but also bittersweet.  As much as I hated saying good-bye to the wonderful family I knew it was time for me to end one chapter in my life and get ready to begin another.  When I found out I was pregnant, I knew that I wanted to have a few weeks toward the end of my pregnancy to myself and have a small break from kids before my own kid arrives.  I am so lucky and fortunate that my husband allowed me to do just that.  He understood completely that there were so many things I wanted to get done around the house and such and he agreed with me about having a break from all children before our baby arrives, so he let me quit working last week.  I shouldn't say I am completely done working, I am still working 4-5 hours on Thursdays, but that is it.  This is our first full week of being a one income family-SCARY!!! Anyway, back to my last day at the Moylans...

I started watching Max when he was 7 months old, and he will be 4 in just a few short days! I have watched him grow up into the young boy he is today and I have also been around to see Addi (who will be 3 in December) and Evan (8 months) become part of the family.  It has been such a great experience watching all 3 kids and I wouldn't change any of it! Max and Addi will always hold a special place in my heart because they were my ring bearer and flower girl, and cute ones at that.  Max still thinks that I live on the beach, since that is where the wedding was. 

Friday when I went to their house, I walked in the door and almost immediately started crying.  Max grabbed my hand and told me to close my eyes and took me to the back windows and I looked outside and saw this (minus the kids-they were inside)::
How sweet is that?!?! They had the big sign and balloons out on the tree for me to see-so sweet!

The day was fun, we played as usual-played cars, built things with blocks, played with play-doh, did puzzles, colored and so much more!! At the end of the day, their mom gave me a pretty pink box and we decided that I should probably wait until I got home to open it-to save some tears since we were both very emotional. So, when I got home I opened the box...
And found this inside:
#1-because you're sweet....Inside were some yummy chocolates! Isn't the packaging so cute!?!
#2-Beacuse you're loved...inside was a little handmade book with Questions and Answers, Max and Addi's mom would ask them a question about me (favorite food, where I lived, questions about Ben and questions about Brooklyn, etc.) and then Max and Addi would answer them, and some of the answers they gave were hilarious! I was crying both from laughing so hard and because it was so sweet and sad.  They are such funny kids!
#3-because you'll be missed...inside was a plaza gift card! And, it said inside that the gift card gives me an excuse to go to the Plaza and see them, since they live down there! When the time comes for me to use my gift card I will definitely be making a stop at the Moylan's to visit! Can't wait!

Thank you so much to the Moylans for a wonderful 3 1/2 years, I have learned a lot about myself and about children these past few years and I owe it all to you! Max, Addi and Evan, I miss you so much and can't wait to see you! Hopefully I will make a visit soon-before Brooklyn is born! Pat and Beth-thanks for everything these past few years, you have been so flexible with my schedule and I couldn't have asked to work for a better family! Miss you guys already and it's only been a week!!




No comments:

Post a Comment